Monday, August 23, 2010

A Snapshot

Since I failed to properly introduce myself in my first blog post, here is a quick snapshot to get a better idea of my background and experiences that I will bring to Coaches Across Continents this summer.

My name is Tracy Noonan. I grew up in North Andover, MA and currently reside in Chapel Hill, NC. I went to college at the University of North Carolina, majored in Biology, played in goal for the Tarheels, fell in love with Chapel Hill and have never left! After finishing my career at UNC, I went on to play for the U.S. Women's National Team and also professionally for the Boston Breakers before having to retire at the end of 2003 due to knee injuries. Since then I have been busy coaching; as a Head Coach at Greensboro College (D3), a gk coach at various U.S. Girl's National Team events (U14, U15, U17, and U20 age groups), and ultimately developing my own camp business. In 2005 I founded Dynasty Goalkeeping. Dynasty GK is a goalkeeper camp designed for the elite level female goalkeeper ages 14 and older. We run 7 weeks of intense overnight camps during the summer as well as clinics and private lessons throughout the rest of the year. The camp attracts top high school, club, youth National Team, and current collegiate players from all over the country and even a few from beyond the U.S. borders! (Canada and Ireland thus far!) Dynasty is committed to developing competitive, disciplined, and confident athletes. It is a WHOLE player approach that focuses not only on the on field technical and tactical skills, but also the off field components such as strength & conditioning, nutrition, mental training, and leadership qualities that make up a complete player. Our approach and coaching style may be unique, but the most notable feature of Dynasty Goalkeeping though is its size. Each week of camp is limited to a maximum of 12 students to ensure lots of individual attention for every student. Our priority is on quality not quantity.

So now you know a little bit more about me!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment